|Exposure Compensation||-5 to +5 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)|
|Exposure Control||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Megapixel & Sensor||20.9MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor|
|Lens||Mount: Nikon Z|
|LCD Screen||3.2" 1,040,000 Dot 180° Tilting Touchscreen LCD|
|Video Recording||MOV/MP4/H.264 UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/119.88p|
|Flash||Built-In: Yes Mode: Auto, Auto/Red-Eye Reduction, Fill Flash, Off, Rear Sync, Red-Eye Reduction, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction|
|Focus||Auto and Manual Focus Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Full-Time Servo (F), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)|
|ISO||Auto/Manual: 100 to 25600|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 11 fps at 20.9 MP Up to 5 fps at 20.9 MP Up to 4 fps at 20.9 MP Up to 30 fps at 8 MP|
|Shutter Speed||Electronic Front Curtain Shutter 1/4000 to 30 Second Bulb Mode Time Mode Electronic Shutter 1/4000 to 30 Second Bulb Mode Time Mode|
|Viewfinder||2.36m-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder|
|Filter Size||Lens 1: 46 mm (Front) Lens 2: 62 mm (Front)|
|Max Magnification||Lens 1: 0.2x Lens 2: 0.23x|
|Focal Length||Lens1: 16 to 50mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 24 to 75mm) Lens2: 50 to 250mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 75 to 375mm)|
|Focus||Lens 1: Min Distance: 7.87" / 20 cm Lens 2: Min Distance: 1.64' / 50 cm|
|Aperture||Lens1: MAX f/3.5 to 6.3, MIN f/16 Lens2: MAX f/4.5 to 6.3, MIN f/16|
|Angle of View||Lens 1: 83° to 31° 30' Lens 2: 31° 30' to 6° 30'|
|Dimension (diameter x length)||Lens 1: 2.76 x 1.26" / 70 x 32 mm Lens 2: 2.91 x 4.33" / 74 x 110 mm|
|Dimension||4.98 x 3.68 x 2.36" / 126.5 x 93.5 x 60 mm|
|Card Slot||Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I)|
|Power/Battery||1 x EN-EL25 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.6 VDC, 1120 mAh (Approx. 300 Shots)|
20.9MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 6 Image Processor
The DX-format 20.9MP CMOS sensor is paired with the EXPEED 6 image processor to provide a versatile mixture of high sensitivity, nuanced image quality, and fast overall performance. At native values, a sensitivity range from ISO 100-51200 permits working in a broad array of lighting conditions, and can be further expanded up to ISO 204800 for extreme low-light conditions. The mixture of resolution and sensor size also contributes to clean image quality and smooth color transitions with reduced noise throughout the sensitivity range. In addition to benefitting image quality, the EXPEED 6 processor also affords a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including a top full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 11 fps as well as 30 fps shooting at 8MP.
Besides imaging, the sensor's design also incorporates a 209-point hybrid autofocus system, which uses both phase-detection and contrast-detection methods to quickly and accurately acquire focus for both stills and video applications. This focusing system also supports Eye Detection AF, which uses facial recognition to help lock focus onto subjects' eyes.
UHD 4K Video Recording
Capable of recording more than just stills, the Z50 supports UHD 4K video recording at up to 30 fps and Full HD recording at up to 120 fps, for slow-motion effects, along with the ability to save movie files to the in-camera memory cards or to an optional external recorder via HDMI out. In-camera time-lapse shooting is also possible with the ability to produce a finished UHD 4K video file directly from the camera.
Body Design and Connectivity
- A large 3.2" 1.04m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The screen has a 180° flip-under tilting design, which benefits front-facing selfie captures, and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- A 3.6m-dot electronic finder is present for comfortable eye-level viewing. It has a 1.02x magnification and uses NIKKOR optics to guarantee a sharp, clear image.
- Single SD memory card slots supports up to the UHS-I protocol for quickly storing photo and video files.
- A robust magnesium alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
- Included EN-EL25 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 300 shots per charge, and in-camera charging is supported when using the optional EH-73P charging AC adapter.
Other Camera Features
- Multiple Exposure mode lets you combine several exposures into one frame for creative effects.
- Special Effects Modes: Night Vision; Super Vivid, Pop, Photo Illustration, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, Selective Color, Silhouette, High Key, and Low Key.
- Creative Picture Controls: Dream, Morning, Pop, Sunday, Somber, Dramatic, Silence, Bleached, Melancholic, Pure, Denim, Toy, Sepia, Blue, Red, Pink, Charcoal, Graphite, Binary, and Carbon.
- In-Camera Image Editing: Distortion Control, D-Lighting, Image Overlay, NEF (RAW) Processing, Perspective Control, Quick Retouch, Red-eye Correction, Resize, Side-by-Side Comparison, Straighten, Trim, and Trim Movie.
- Language Support: Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm Lens
Included with the camera body is the NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR lens; an especially compact 24-75mm-equivalent zoom covering wide-angle to portrait length perspectives. Its optical design incorporates aspherical and extra-low dispersion elements, which help to reduce a variety of aberrations for sharper, clearer image quality throughout the zoom range. The lens's flexible focal length range is complemented by Vibration Reduction image stabilization, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to 4.5 stops for sharper handheld shooting. A stepping motor provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override to suit both stills and video applications.