||17 Elements in 12 Groups
||Front: 67 mm
||70 to 300mm
||3.94' / 1.2 m
||Maximum: f/4 to 5.6
Minimum: f/32 to 45
|Angle of View
||34° to 8° 15'
|Dimension (diameter x length)
||3.15 x 5.73" / 80.01 x 145.54 mm
||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
||1.56 lb / 710 g
||1 Year Canon PH Warranty
The EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM Lens from Canon is a flexible zoom well-suited for a variety of subjects, ranging from portraiture to wildlife. Similarly versatile, the lens utilizes NANO USM technology that combines a fast, stills-optimized ring-type Ultrasonic Motor and a smooth, silent video-optimized Stepping Motor for all-around focusing performance to benefit multimedia image-makers. This dual-purpose AF motor also offers notably quicker performance throughout the zoom range for more responsive shooting from near to far. Additionally, also aiding both photo and movie recording, an Image Stabilizer system compensates for up to four stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting when working with slower shutter speeds.
Beyond its performance attributes, this lens is also characterized by its unique Lens Information Display, which clearly showcases focus distance, focal length, and stabilizer settings on a top-facing screen for easy recognition. Benefitting optical performance, the lens' construction utilizes one Ultra Low Dispersion (UD) element to control chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity, and, additionally, a nine-blade diaphragm is used to produce a pleasing bokeh quality for shallow depth of field imagery.
- Telephoto zoom designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, this lens is also suitable for use with APS-C models where it provides a 112-480mm equivalent focal length range.
- One UD element is featured in the optical design to noticeably reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for increased clarity and improved color fidelity.
- Lens Information Display on the top of the lens barrel clearly highlights focusing distance, focal length, and Image Stabilizer amount.
- NANO USM system utilizes both a ring type USM and an STM mechanism to realize quick and accurate focusing that is also smooth and near-silent to suit both photography and video applications. This focusing system also affords full-time manual focus control when working in the one-shot AF mode.
- An Image Stabilizer compensates for up to four stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting when working in difficult lighting conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- A circular nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when working with selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.