|Filter Thread Size
|Front: 67 mm
|85mm (35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor)
|Min: 2.62' (80 cm)
|Maximum: f/1.8 Minimum: f/22
|Angle of View
|Dimension (diameter x length)
|Approx. 3.07 x 3.23" (78 x 82 mm)
|1 Year + 3 months upon successful registration to the MySony website. The registration for the additional three (3) months warranty shall be done within one (1) year from the date of purchase. If customer fails to register, they will only enjoy the default one (1) year warranty.
An ideal portrait-length prime, the FE 85mm f/1.8 from Sony is a sleek short-telephoto lens designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras. The bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits this lens's use in low-light conditions and also affords extensive control over depth of field when working with selective focus techniques. The nine elements, eight groups lens construction includes one extra-low dispersion element to minimize chromatic aberrations and color fringing for greater clarity and color accuracy. Benefitting the optical design is a simple, intuitive physical layout that incorporates a customizable focus hold button and a physical AF/MF switch. The double linear AF motor itself affords quick, quiet, and smooth focusing performance, and this motor also offers snappy manual focus performance for fine-tuned control.
- Prime portrait-length lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used on APS-C models where it will provide a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture allows for fine-tuned control over depth of field and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- One extra-low dispersion element is featured in the optical design and helps to limit color fringing and chromatic aberrations for heightened image clarity and color accuracy.
- Double linear autofocus motor delivers smooth, precise, and near silent focusing performance to benefit both stills and video applications.
- The focus hold button on the lens barrel can be used to hold the focusing position, or can be set in-camera to control a variety of additional lens functions. Also, the lens has an AF/MF switch for tactile control over the focus mode.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.