Sony FE 50mm F1.8
- 0% 3mos BDO, HSBC, BPI ₱5,483.33/mo.
- Compact, lightweight, easy to carry
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- One Aspherical Element
- Double-Gauss Optical Design
- DC Autofocus Motor
- Seven-Blade Circular Diaphragm
|Filter Size||Front: 49 mm|
|Focal Length||f=50mm (75mm)|
|Focus||1.48' / 45 cm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/1.8 Minimum: f/22|
|Aperture Control||Aperture Blades 7, Circular Aperture|
|Angle of View||47°|
|Dimension (diameter x length)||2.70 x 2.34" / 68.6 x 59.5 mm|
|Lens||E Mount Lens|
|Mount||Sony E Mount|
|Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Warranty||1 Year + 3 months upon successful registration to the MySony website. The registration for the additional three (3) months warranty shall be done within one (1) year from the date of purchase. If customer fails to register, they will only enjoy the default one (1) year warranty.|
|In The Box||Hood (ALC-SH146), Lens front cap (ALC-F49S), Lens rear cap (ALC-R1EM)|
A simple, bright, and lightweight normal prime, the FE 50mm f/1.8 from Sony is a versatile normal-length prime lens designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras. Its sleek design makes it well-suited for everyday shooting, while the fast f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions as well as offers increased control over depth of field for selective focus imagery. The optical design incorporates one aspherical element to control spherical aberrations, an employs a double-gauss configuration in order to realize sharper, clearer image quality throughout the aperture range with reduced field curvature. A DC actuator is also employed to provide quick and precise autofocus performance that is also quiet to suit video recording applications. Additionally, a rounded seven-blade diaphragm is featured to render out-of-focus highlights with a smooth, circular appearance. Characterized by its straight-forward design, this go-to lens balances both ease of handling along with enhanced image quality.
- Normal-length 50mm prime lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however, can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also avails greater control over focus placement for working with shallow depth of field techniques.
- One aspherical element is incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Double-gauss optical configuration helps to reduce field curvature and distortions for more consistent image quality from edge-to-edge.
- DC actuator motor offers quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance to suit both stills and video applications.
- Metal bayonet offers increased durability and a solid feel when mounting the lens.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.