Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Lens
- 0% 3mos BDO, HSBC, BPI ₱27,550.00/mo.
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Two XA Elements, Three ED Elements
- Nano AR and Fluorine Coatings
- Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave AF Motor
- AF/MF Switch; Internal Focus
- Focus Hold Button
- Physical Aperture Ring; De-Click Switch
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 11-Blade Diaphragm
|Filter Size||Front: 67 mm|
|Focus||Minimum Focus Distance 9.45" / 24 cm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/1.4 Minimum: f/16|
|Angle of View||84°|
|Dimension (diameter x length)||2.97 x 3.64" / 75.4 x 92.4 mm|
|Warranty||1 Year + 3 months upon successful registration to the MySony website. The registration for the additional three (3) months warranty shall be done within one (1) year from the date of purchase. If customer fails to register, they will only enjoy the default one (1) year warranty.|
Combining a favored wide-angle focal length with an especially bright design, the FE 24mm f/1.4 GM from Sony is a fast, versatile lens well-suited to landscape, nature, and street photography. Its wide-but-usable perspective is complemented by the f/1.4 maximum aperture, which excels in low-light conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field. The optical design incorporates three extra-low dispersion elements to reduce chromatic aberrations and two XA (extreme aspherical) elements, which significantly control spherical aberrations for a high degree of image sharpness and clarity. Additionally, a Nano AR coating has been applied to limit ghosting and lens flare for increased contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
For controlling focus, a Direct Drive SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) is employed that is quick and quiet, and also lends more responsive control for manual focus operation. The lens also sports a dust- and moisture-sealed design and fluorine-coated front lens element to support shooting in inclement conditions and a dedicated focus hold button, AF/MF switch, and manual aperture ring lend further control while shooting.
- As part of Sony's esteemed G Master series, this lens is designed to achieve notably high resolution and sharpness through the correction of a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations. Additionally, these lenses feature robust and intuitive-to-handle physical designs to benefit both photography and cine applications.
- Versatile wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used on APS-C models where it provides a 36mm equivalent focal length.
- Notably fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field.
- Two XA elements are incorporated into the optical design, which features superior surface precision for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other spherical aberrations.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements are featured in the lens design and help to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- A Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- A Direct Drive Super Sonic wave Motor AF system and internal focus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control.
- A focus hold button is present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Fluorine-coated front element resists dust, moisture, and fingerprints and is easy to clean.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.