Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM Lens
- 0% 3mos BDO, HSBC, BPI ₱33,851.67/mo.
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- XA Element, Super ED and ED Elements
- Nano AR and Fluorine Coatings
- XD Linear Motor AF System
- AF/MF Switch; Internal Focus
- Two Focus Hold Buttons
- Physical Aperture Ring; De-Click Switch
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 11-Blade Diaphragm
|Diaphragm Blades||11, Rounded|
|Optical Design||13 Elements in 10 Groups|
|Filter Size||82 mm (Front)|
|Aperture||Maximum Aperture f/1.8 Minimum Aperture f/22|
|Angle of View||18°|
|Dimension (diameter x length)||3.5 x 5.000" / 89.5 x 127 mm|
|Weight||33.5 oz / 950 g|
|Warranty||1 Year + 3 months upon successful registration to the MySony website. The registration for the additional three (3) months warranty shall be done within one (1) year from the date of purchase. If customer fails to register, they will only enjoy the default one (1) year warranty.|
Prized for its ability to isolate focus, the FE 135mm f/1.8 GM from Sony is a medium telephoto prime characterized by its bright and sophisticated design. The f/1.8 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques. The advanced optical design incorporates two extra-low dispersion elements, including one Super ED element, to reduce chromatic aberrations and one XA (extreme aspherical) element, which significantly controls spherical aberrations for a high degree of image sharpness and clarity. Additionally, a Nano AR coating has been applied to limit ghosting and lens flare for increased contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
Complementing the optical assets, this lens is also notable for its inclusion of an 11-blade circular diaphragm to produce smooth, soft-edged bokeh with selective focus imagery. For controlling focus, an XD Linear Motor system is employed that is quick and quiet, and also lends more responsive control for manual focus operation. The lens also sports a dust- and moisture-sealed design to support shooting in inclement conditions and dedicated focus hold buttons, AF/MF switch, and manual aperture ring lend further control while shooting.
- As part of Sony's esteemed G Master series, this lens is designed to achieve notably high resolution and sharpness through the correction of a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations. Additionally, these lenses feature robust and intuitive-to-handle physical designs to benefit both photography and cine applications.
- Medium telephoto prime designed for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras, this 135mm f/1.8 is also compatible with APS-C models where it will provide a 202.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers a wealth of control over focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- One XA element is incorporated into the optical design, which features superior surface precision for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other spherical aberrations.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements, including one Super ED element, are featured in the lens design and help to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- A Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- An XD Linear Motor system and internal focus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control. An AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over this setting.
- Two customizable focus hold buttons are present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Fluorine-coated front element resists dust, moisture, and fingerprints and is easy to clean.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.